This privacy statement applies to Uniqus website. https://uniqus.com/
Uniqus’ websites are not intended for children under 18 years of age. Uniqus does not knowingly solicit data online from, or market online to, children under 18 years of age. Also, kindly confirm action statement if any children data is collected.
3. NATURE AND CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA BEING COLLECTED
- Uniqus may collect the following categories of personal data and sensitive personal data in providing our services:
- Website usage and similar data collected via automated means, such as cookies, IP address etc.
- Job applications, CV and related data when you visit the Careers section
- Contact & location information when you raise a query/request/complain or schedule a call back
- Business contact data when you are one of our business partners, affiliates or third parties
4. MODES OF COLLECTION OF DATA
Uniqus collects personal data for the products and services availed by you. Uniqus obtains your data:
- When you contact us via one of our channels i.e., SMS, email, call, social media, etc.
- Via Service Providers or Third-Party Ad-Servers appointed by us.
- Via the device you use to browse our websites.
- Via ads or online content from us and our Partners.
- Via data publicly available through public and third-party platforms (such as social media), through online repositories, databases and/or directories, or that is otherwise legitimately obtained
- Uniqus requests the data subject to provide his personal data
- Uniqus first collects the personal data of the data subject
- In case where Uniqus:
(i) uses the personal data of the data subject for a purpose other than the purpose for which the personal data was collected
(ii) discloses the personal data to a third party.
5. PURPOSES FOR WHICH THE PERSONAL DATA IS PROCESSED
Uniqus uses your personal data to provide the services availed by you and to conduct business. Most commonly, Uniqus will use your personal data for the following:
- Provide and communicate with you about services offered by Uniqus, partners, affiliates and third parties.
- Developing new product and services.
- Protect against and prevent fraud, and other legal or information security risks.
- Provide connectivity and dispute resolution services as part of our services.
- Provide you with personalized services and recommendations.
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business, including anonymization and analytics.
- Process your job application.
- Serve a legal obligation.
- Serve other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection, and as otherwise authorized or required by law.
- Respond to queries and complaints received from you regarding our services and products
- Where you have given explicit consent to do so e.g. marketing communications, promotions, etc.
5.1 Change of Purpose
Uniqus will only use your data for the purposes for which it was collected, unless it is required to be used for another reason that is compatible with the original purpose.
Please note that Uniqus may process your personal data without knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where it is required or permitted by law.
6. RIGHTS OF DATA SUBJECTS
The rights that are available to you are as follows:
- Right to confirmation
- Right to access
- Right to data portability
- Right to correct/rectify
- Right to deletion
- Right to be forgotten (Right to erasure)
- Right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority
- Right to not be subject to automated individual decision-making including profiling
- Right to object
In addition to the above-mentioned rights, for personal data processed on the basis of consent, you also have the right to withdraw your consent and the right to be informed before Personal Data is disclosed for the first time to third parties or used on their behalf for the purposes of direct marketing.You can exercise your rights by submitting a request to Uniqus at email@example.com.Upon receiving the request from you, Uniqus will conduct a verification check to validate your identity and accordingly process the request.Where any request made is refused by Uniqus, you will be provided the reasons in writing for such refusal and have the right to file a complaint with the Authority against the refusal.
Uniqus will adhere to do not call registry as maintained by the nation and opted by the data subjects.
8. PERSONAL DATA SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
Uniqus does not share the personal data with anyone except as described below. Uniqus may share personal data as required or as permitted by law, such as:
- with regulatory authorities, courts, and governmental agencies to comply with legal orders, legal or regulatory requirements, and government requests
- with our partners, regulatory authorities, and governmental agencies to detect and prevent fraud or criminal activity, and to protect the rights of Uniqus or others
- with our partners, affiliates and third parties who perform services for us, collaborate with us and/or help us operate our business.
9. DATA RETENTION
Uniqus will only retain your data for as long as necessary as per mandatory retention periods provided by applicable laws, to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
We will destroy the personal data in a secure manner post retention period as per the organization retention policy and schedule.
10. REASONABLE SECURITY PRACTICES AND PROCEDURES
Uniqus maintains appropriate security safeguards to protect your personal data and only retain it for a limited period of time. Uniqus is committed to protecting the data we collect. Uniqus maintains reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal data you provide, or we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
11. KEY CONTACTS
- Data Protection Officer (DPO)
For any additional queries related to processing of personal data or reporting of an incident/breach etc. please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
12. KEY DEFINITIONS
- Data” includes a representation of information, facts, concepts, opinions or instructions in a manner suitable for communication, interpretation or processing by humans or by automated means
- “Personal data” means data about or relating to a natural person who is directly or indirectly identifiable, having regard to any characteristic, trait, attribute or any other feature of the identity of such natural person, whether online or offline, or any combination of such features with any other information, and shall include any inference drawn from such data for the purpose of profiling.
- “Data controller/fiduciary” means any person, including the State, a company, any juristic entity or any individual who alone or in conjunction with others determines the purpose and means of processing of personal data
- “Data subject/principal” means the natural person to whom the personal data relates
- “Data processor” means any person, including the State, a company, any juristic entity or any individual, who processes personal data on behalf of a data controller.
- “Processing” in relation to personal data, means an operation or set of operations performed on personal data, and may include operations such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation, alteration, retrieval, use, alignment or combination, indexing, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, restriction, erasure or destruction
- “Sensitive personal data” means such personal data, which may, reveal, be related to, or constitute—
- financial data
- health data
- official identifier
- sex life
- sexual orientation
- biometric data
- genetic data
- transgender status
- intersex status
- caste or tribe
- religious or political belief or affiliation or
- any other data categorized as sensitive personal data under section 15 of PDPB.
- “Child” means a person who has not completed eighteen years of age
- “Personal data breach” means any unauthorised or accidental disclosure, acquisition, sharing, use, alteration, destruction of or loss of access to, personal data that compromises the confidentiality, integrity or availability of personal data to a data principal.
13. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
The policy is subject to modification from time to time. If we make any changes to this policy, we will post those changes at the top of this page or notify you by other means such as email, etc.
14. CONTACT US
If you have questions, requests, or concerns regarding your privacy and rights, please let us know how we can help.
Data Protection Officer
NAME: Avinash Jha EMAIL: email@example.com